Jabra’s long awaited Jabra Stone mono headset is finally here. And oh boy is it beautiful! The headset curls into its charger/battery ever so elegantly providing you with up to eight hours of talk time and at only 7g you barely notice you are wearing it.
Aptly named the Jabra ‘Stone’ headset, curls up effortlessly to resemble a small pebble that easily fits into your hand. The unique design consists of two parts, the base which also functions as the battery and charger, and the ear piece that docks into the base and completes the unique ‘pebble appearance’.
The boomless headset is recharged by simply popping it back into its base. This contains an additional three full charges giving you up to eight hours of use before having to plug the base into a socket for two hours.
Bluetooth 2.1 compatible, the stone can be auto-paired easily with recent mobile phone models, and connected to as many as eight devices, two at a time.
Furthermore, with a range of 10m the stone allows for great flexibilty.
The Jabra Stone headset specifications:
- Compatibility: Bluetooth 1.1 or higher
- Bluetooth Compliance: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Specifications
- Operating Range: 33 feet (10m)
- Multiuse: Up to 8 devices, 2 simultaneously
- Talk time: Up to 8 hrs, up to 2 hrs on headset alone
- Standby Time: Up to 12 days, 2.5 days headset alone
- Charging time: 2hrs
- Features: Comes with all the standard features you’d expect
- Warranty: 1 year limited
So did Jabra do it? Does the stone live up to the hype and will this be the end of oversized and under-designed headsets? Only time will tell but the Jabra Stone has certainly set a new standard for the look of headsets.